Friday, November 27, 2009

IE powered by orangeuk, but I'm with BT now??

My previous ISP was Orangeuk, I changed over to BT and am currently using the BT web browser, whenever I open IE it says 'IE provided by Orangeuk' on the top bar, also occasionally when I try to connect i get a message saying that another provider is controlling my connection. Is there a way of changing this or getting Orangeuk off my laptop?



IE powered by orangeuk, but I'm with BT now??windows update





You have a customised version of IE on your pc, where the title bar has been customised with orange's name. I would not worry about this on you browser as this is only a display item.



As for other orange software, try and remove as much of it as possible in the Add/Remove programs in Control Panel.



IE powered by orangeuk, but I'm with BT now??microsoft excel internet explorer



Well where do i begin, Unfortunately orange insist that you use the CD they provide to load the usb modem (speedtouch) to your system. This also installs a load rubbish that to be honest spanners windows. I've had this problem with a client and the best solution was to back up your files and start-a-fresh with a CLEAN! install of Windows thus removing there bundled cr%p. its the only way to be sure that its gone.
SIMON K is correct. The "IE provided by Orangeuk" is a simple piece of text that Orange have inserted. Orange have no influence over your IE except that they may have set some of the defaults to their liking. The BT installation will have overwritten most of these anyway. If you really cannot live with it, somewhere in the depths of TuneUp Utilities 2007 http://www.tune-up.com/products/tuneup-u... is an option to edit the text to get rid of the reference to Orangeuk
Change to Firefox.
You can also change this with a registry edit. Although it is probably safer to use the software mentioned above.



Registy eidting...I cant be doing with all the F3....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting services