Friday, November 27, 2009

Anyone else have trouble with new IE 7?

I just installed my new Dell XPS 410 computer and it worked fine until I downloaded IE 7 and restarted it. I spent over 5 hours trying to fix the problem. It seems when I click on a link, the program stops working (IE 7) and I have to "end task" - needless to say I'm very frustrated and have had to revert back to the old IE, much to my chagrin. I loved the IE 7 which worked fine on my Dell Dimension 4300 (although that computer is very slow, especially compared to my XPS 410). Anyone else have this problem and if so, how do I fix it? Thanks for your serious answers!



Anyone else have trouble with new IE 7?internet explorer download





The reason why IT organizations are NOT upgrading to IE7 is not because it is bad software. It is because its the first version of software. No IT company will ever upgrade any software to its first revision of the upgrade, that's just asking for trouble.



Now, you are free to use FireFox, but there is another problem with your computer that it is acting the way it is with IE7. Leaving it like that and just using another browser will lead to further problems.



First, did you download IE7 from Microsoft directly? If no, please do.



Second, have you updated your Windows installation by going to Windows Update? (http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com)



Third, did you have any toolbars installed prior to installing IE7? If yes, please uninstall them. Then try installing IE7 again.



Good luck, let us know how it goes.



Anyone else have trouble with new IE 7?windows xp internet explorer



stop using ie7 and download mozilla firefox.
the best solution: get firefox it is much more stable (and faster, cleaner, cooler, and hurts microsoft :))



IE7 still has bugs. You could trying checking for updates or reinstalling with the latest version.



http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
I can't help you with fixing your problem, but I hate IE7 and have only heard negative things about it. Good luck!
Uninstall IE7 and Install FireFox 2.0. Problem Solved.
Internet Explorer is beyond lame.



Get a real browser. Get Firefox. Get it here.



http://www.firefox.com
First, I would attempt to utilize a System Restore point prior to installing IE7. Although it has been released you'll want to go read the release notes from Microsoft to verify that you have everything up to date for the IE7 installlation. I do know that many IT organizations are currently not supporting IE7 until the appropriate updates are clarified and released.
Forget IE7.... Internet Explorer blew it's last straw for me this time last week too.



Brand spanking new computer (built myself), fresh install of Windows XP SP2 with Internet Explorer6 last Thursday afternoon.



Come Friday night, IE6 was rendered as much use as a chocolate fireguard by the fact the pop-up blocker decided it wouldn't let me download all the new software I needed to get back up to speed again after my old PC had completely fried it's self....... wouldn't let me open my webmail either........... so in the end I installed Mozilla Firefox instead, since I had a copy downloaded earlier in the week on my USB flashdrive having downloaded it from my Grandma's computer to try get my crappy old laptop I was having to make do with until my new PC was completed actually capable of loading websites (that thing was so old it was running IE4, and wouldn't load newer sites like this place, or MySpace, etc).



Trust me......... just get Firefox, it's ALOT easier.... doesn't matter if you're using a shagged-out Laptop with a 133MHz Pentium1 Processor %26amp; 80MB of RAM (upgraded from 16MB), or a relatively fast PC like my new 3.33GHz Intel Celeron D desktop, with 1GB of RAM.... FIREFOX works loads faster, and if it does screw-up then when you try to re-open it, it gives you the opportunity to resume from the webpage you were last looking at when it crashed.



http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
i have the same problem! i use yahoo messenger,email, tool bar and originally downloaded IE7 along w/ the above. My brand new DELL XPS 410 comes equiped w/ trend/micro/pc-cillian and all sorts of software too. The " darn thang" freeezes, stops and states "program not responding" and then ya gotta 'end task' and start a new??!! I did the system restore w/ dell, redownloaded IE6 and yahoo stuff...but still have "not responding" $#%!!!, when switching to my space, yahoo pics,email ect....does anyone "really" agree w/ the IE guy who says 'uninstall all and the DL IE7' or if Firefox is so great HOW %26amp; WHAT DO I UNINSTALL to start fresh and use this 'bloody" thing for which I need? and i still wann keep yahoo mail, MSN, hotmail? Is this possible?
Well, you really need to make sure you go back to a restore point before you grabbed IE7.



IE7 is a typical Microsoft product, released before testing, and you are one of the testers!!!



Just say NO!!!



Then, http://getfirefox.com
Contrarily to what some ppl might say, don't uninstall IE7, unless u overwrite it with an IE6 installation. Uninstalling IE completely may cause problems for your Windows operating system. I would probably suggest u revert to IE6 as the first step.



Then try using an alternate browser. Don't listen to those that say "switch to firefox, it's the best." Well that's a pretty subjective comment, it's like saying "eat chocolate ice cream, it's the best." Although Firefox is also my personal favorite, only YOU can tell what browser u like best, so here's a list of some of the more popular alternatives to IE on the Windows platform:



- Mozilla Firefox



- Opera



- Netscape



- Mozilla (now called SeaMonkey)



There are others less popular, but these are the ones I suggest u try out if u want to get away from IE. And remember, in the software world, u shouldn't let people force software on you (like Microsoft does), you should be using what you like.



P.S. I use IE7 as my 3rd browser of choice (Firefox being the first and Opera being the second) and so far, I haven't had too much problem with it. Feature-wise I think it's better than IE6, and they are catching up with the other browsers, but I still feel it's lagging behind somewhat on web standards (you'll notice if u do web development). Bug-wise, well I think u've experienced it on ur own.



Have fun experimenting with new things

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting services