Saturday, April 24, 2010

IE issues??

Whats wrong with my code, it looks fine in firefox, but awful in IE



http://www.love-pin.com/shout/search_pag...



IE issues??www.microsoft.com





I've opened it in Opera, Firefox, Netscape Navigator. It looks perfect, but usually I use IE 7 and Maxthon, where it does look awful.



Find more information about which PHP-codes are not compatible with a certain browser. Then try to use codes that all the browsers can compile.



Sorry, don't have a source for such information, because I am an ASP-programmer, don't know about PHP. I've just tried to answer your question and inform that my IE (7) has problems when compiling your page.



Good luck!



EDIT!!!



By the way, your search textbox shows "Title/Artist/Genre". When clicking on it, the text disapears, but when leaving the textbox when it's still empty the standard text for empty textbox doesn't "come back". Add an "OnLeave" (or maybe in PHP it's OnFocusOut, don't know) event, let it check the textbox value, and if it's empty, attach the text back to the textbox.



IE issues??microsoft windows xp internet explorer



looks ok apart from the text maybe different text colour would be better
there is alignment problem with #white_mid,



absolute positioned elements sometimes need IE fix.



look again in to div order, use clear:both to fix few nested divs.



I suggest - cross check in IE and FF at the time of coding.



Good Luck
Hi,



just been looking at your source code so here I take a deep breath and.......



You have a lot of tags that you have not ended, then when you have ended them you have also used the /%26gt;%26lt;/div%26gt;



Remember that some browsers allow this short hand and some don;t and not all implement this 'allow lazy' model. So when you start a %26lt;DIV%26gt; finish with a %26lt;/DIV%26gt;



This goes for all Tags....very important. I know a lot of hippy designers will stick a thumbs down to this, but as a programmer, in the words of James May, I like procedures.



I am using visual studio 2005 to analyse your source code for the page and as I move through the tags, it attempts to find the closing tag. I found about 15 places where VS said it was missing the closing TAG....even then after I had gone through and closed those tages there was still errors with parameters that you have used that are not legal for the type of tag you are using. This is sometimes ignored by IE or not as the case suggests.



Are you using a notepad type application to do this? if so, spend a few quid and get front page or dream weaver.



I have to tell you that the worst part of my job is cross browser compatibility....but I always aim to make everything work in IE then modify to the others, not the other way round. This is simply because of the millions of web stats I have sifted through over the years, I see much more IE visitors than the others.



Anyway, it does look pretty cool when it works in FF. But I would caution against too many Div statements and even go so far to perhaps push you into using tables.



They seem to work much better over the wide range and versions of browsers avaialable. Perhaps, rather than a composite image use a larger image and then absolutley position the controls over the image within a single cell table. Oh and one last thing, the image map at the end was about 20% of the errors but I am assuming you are still DEV mode so you can do some work now!!!!



Best



L

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting services